MMOAttack

Xbox One or Ps4

Author Topic: Xbox One or Ps4  (Read 110 times)

yuki0905

• Rep: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Xbox One or Ps4
« on: June 05, 2013, 03:42:20 PM »
I asked one of the topics one which is better "Xbox 360 or Ps3".
Since the Xbox One and the Ps4 is coming out which on would you buy and why?

In my opinion I think I would buy the Xbox One just because I like microsoft and it's my favorite but the problem is that the Xbox One, the console it really huge and I don't really see the point why it has to be so big in my opinion.

CaptainKirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Editor in Chief
Re: Xbox One or Ps4
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 05:02:29 PM »
I'll leave my opinion here even though I haven't really done any research yet. 

I have always been a huge xbox fan.  I love xbox live, I like the selection of games and original titles they have and besides that one time that I got the red ring of death, my xbox has worked flawlessly for the past 6-7 years.  That being said, i'm not really thrilled about what i've seen thus far, from either the xbox or playstation.  I used to be a die-hard console gamer, but recently i've been playing a lot more on my PC. 

I know that i'm a sucker for new technology and will end up buying an xbox, but based on my gaming habits, it doesn't seem like much of an upgrade or that super advanced to me.  I don't use my xbox to watch TV, I don't use motion sensor shit, and I dunno.  Just not impressed.

SubstanZP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 05:59:11 PM »
Nintendo and Sony aimed to the wider public with their previous systems and are going back to the core gamer demographic, while Microsoft hasn't done that yet, so that's what I think they are going for with Xbox One. PS4 and Xbox One will both be good systems I think, but I? still disapprove of DRM and single user exclusive sign-in for offline content, online content on the other hand I can understand.
Not all fantasies are final!!

jdietl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 11:44:53 AM »
xbox totally failed.  PS4 will be winning this battle.

CharNo5

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 12:11:14 PM »
xbox totally failed.  PS4 will be winning this battle.

What?! Disagree.

On the contrary, Microsoft had a fantastic show. They did exactly what they needed to do. They showed off a ton of new games (many of them exclusives) and they gave some valid reasons for "always online". Overall I'm really satisfied with what the One has to offer. Problem is, despite Xbox's solid showing, Sony had an even better show. The announcement of the $399 price point was kinda the final blow to push Microsoft aside... So yeah, post-E3, Sony came out on top, but at least give credit where it's due.

fluskenraider

• Rep: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 11:49:02 AM »
It's hard to decide. PS4 is looking great with Warframe, Final Fantasy, and a few other big ones like Destiny. At the same time I don't think I can avoid getting the next Halo. The series may have its bumps but I still play, it's awesome.

racquelcreces

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 05:48:02 PM »
Between the two consoles, I've been having a difficult time deciding on which one I wanted to get.

I have always been a fan of Xbox and XBL, always, but just with the way that Microsoft has been going, I am losing my interest in them more and more, but ultimately, I love the way they have done things in the past and maybe I shouldn't shun them away so quickly until I see the final product and stop basing decisions off of rumours and what has been said so far.

I am curious to see how the PS4 is as well. I watched both the Xbox and Playstation reveals, and the PS4 looked fairly interesting too. I have owned a PS3 and like the way they structure their stuff better in terms of hardware.

What it comes down to is, ultimately, the majority of my friends play online with XBL and I will most likely choose that console between the two depending on if I can get my brother to purchase the Xbox One and I grab the PS4... the details are yet to be figured out. What's the point of having two different consoles while getting the same games, you know?

I am thinking I am leaning towards getting my own Xbox One though.... just bein' honest, xD