MMOAttack

Diablo Clones

Author Topic: Diablo Clones  (Read 132 times)

SubstanZP

• Rep: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Diablo Clones
« on: June 10, 2013, 09:15:22 PM »
Right now Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile are probably my two favorite. I suppose Legend of Edda and City of Steam can also be in there too, since point-and-click can be used and camera set to a top-down view. Anyway, what are your thoughts and opinions?
Not all fantasies are final!!

Stronglion

• View Profile
Re: Diablo Clones
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 05:56:08 AM »
city of steam is not really a diablo clone

jdietl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 11:42:54 AM »
I like Torchlight 2 in terms of Diablo Clones, but you are forgetting Drakensang Online as well.  And Drakensang is free

Dojjin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 09:19:07 AM »
Path of Exiles is amazing, the developers are truly ingenious and love that the cash shop is non-buy to win.  Torchlight 2 is also really good, with a great dev team.

I thumbs them both up.

CaptainKirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Editor in Chief
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 09:20:49 AM »
The Path of Exiles guys are really dedicated to making their game a success as well.  We spoke with them at GDC and the videos did quite well because they have a very passionate fan-base.  The fans treat the head developers like rock-stars!

MMOSerbia

• Rep: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 01:24:34 PM »
Marvel Heroes are more like Diablo then DC Universe which i hate. Dev team was so lazy to make really good 3D mmorpg like DC Universe or Champions Online
NO MMOPGs NO LIFE

germaximus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 08:58:33 AM »
I really love Marvel Heroes!

The Incredible Advantures of Van Helsing is new and pretty cool. It's not F2P though but it is cheap.

Legends of Dawn is also new. It looks like an ARPG but I'm not quite sure.

I liked Path of Exile but with all the hype it gets, it honestly ticks me off and makes me like it less. It is not better than Diablo 3 in my opinion, and that's what really makes me mad. People are ridiculous with their insinuations. Diablo 3 is a much better quality game than PoE, PoE just has a deeper leveling system. That's cool and all, but I'm just sick of people acting like dumbasses over it.

Drakensang Online is pretty impressive for a browser game.

There was also Fortune Online but I think that was getting shut down if it's not already, I forget; maybe not.

Torchlight 2 is excellent. Won my copy from MMO Attack. =)