MMOAttack

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn  (Read 59 times)

fluskenraider

• Rep: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
« on: June 26, 2013, 12:08:25 PM »
I just pre-ordered my digital copy yesterday. No idea how long I will play for but I definitely need to give the game a try. It looks awesome. I think you get a free 30 day trial with purchase, along with early access if it's a pre-order. Otherwise it's one of the few straight paid monthly subscription models still in the MMO genre, so I get if people are reluctant.

Will anyone else be playing? Has anyone played the beta yet? Or the old crappy FFXIV launch and are now trying again? I was a huge fan of FFXI for years and I really like how they improved the failed FFXIV with A Realm Reborn. They legit turned a somewhat crappy MMO experience into a fun one... it seems. I had a chance to battle Ifrit at E3. Even though he was nerfed like crazy my team still lost! I totally wasn't prepared for the mouse sensitivity. I played as a Lancer (which if you don't know models the Dragoon)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj9Sal6YUTQ&list=PLQXt1_wyu0cTUisBAPQT5idDUv-ZE9E4s

Testing the game at E3 was a bad idea because now I'm out for virtual blood! There's a whole list of reasons the game is better now, but I wanted to see if anyone else planned to get involved too.

Dojjin

• Rep: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 06:23:21 AM »
My wife and I are both interested, from what we've played we definitely wouldn't mind paying for it. 

I also loved FFXI, had so many good memories from that game.  I was kind of brought back in when I played FFXIV.

fluskenraider

• Rep: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 12:33:07 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Kbr_h_d5g2Q#at=500

Cool peek at dungeons and areas for newer players to check out.