- PublisherCCP Games
- DeveloperCCP Games
- GenreSpace MMORPG
- Free to PlayNo
- Download Size6 GB
EVE Online explores a distant future in which a surge in population forces humanity to explore the galaxy in order to find resources that have become scarce on Earth. While on their search, the humans stumble upon a wormhole that leads them to the distant New Eden galaxy. With the promise of abundant resources, colonies begin to settle the new worlds only to find themselves stranded after a sudden wormhole collapse. Without contact from Earth, the colonies are left, isolated, even from one another. As time passes, five major civilizations rise to form the factions of EVE Online.
EVE Online is a sandbox MMORPG in which players are allowed to explore a universe filled with planets, asteroids, ships, wormholes, and more. With thousands of different star systems to explore and hundreds of thousands of other players to encounter, there are limitless things to do in New Eden -- a game world that is completely player driven. What makes EVE so unique is that every player plays on the same server, meaning that CCP Games can craft the story around actual game events and have it be relevant to everyone playing. Best of all, when the game gets over crowded, new content can be added to accommodate the larger numbers.
Players choose between four different races for each of their (up to three) characters. Customization extends further by defining bloodline and customizing appearance features. Progression is not achieved through defeating enemies, but rather through a training process that can occur whether the player is online or not. This unique approach to advancement allows players to enhance the abilities they prefer, as they see fit.
Battles can occur between both other players and NPCs. Players do not control their ships manually, but rather they give commands and watch the battle play out in real time. Weaponry is controlled in much the same way and the damage done is a resulting culmination of factors such as range, velocity, and weaponry used.
Because of the open-world sandbox format of the game, many actions that would be considered griefing in other MMOs are allowed in EVE Online. Such actions include stealing, extorting, and causing opponent death via large groups of NPCs. CCP Games has stated that they have no intention to moderate such actions as the added free will simply adds to the experience.
EVE Online is one of the most exciting and expansive Sci-Fi Space MMORPG experiences on the market today. Despite its current subscription based monetization model, the game offers enough enthralling and captivating content to justify the commitment.
You need Flash player 8+ and JavasScript enabled to view this video
EVE Online News
- CCP Games Report $21M Losses For Fiscal 2013 - April 15, 2014
- EVE Online, Lost Saga, Stronghold Kingdoms and more! | The Daily XP January 30th - January 30, 2014
- EVE Online To Construct A Monument In Honor Of Epic Battle - January 30, 2014
- TESO Imperial Edition, SMITE's Poolseidon, EVE Online and more! | The Daily XP January 29th - January 29, 2014
- Experience EVE Online For 99 Cents - November 29, 2013
- League of Legends Jinx, SMITE, EVE Online and more! | The Daily XP October 10th - October 10, 2013
- Free EVE Online Training Sessions - October 10, 2013
- BattleForge Shuts Down, CasinoRPG, EVE Online and more! - The Daily XP September 3rd - September 03, 2013
- EVE Online, Strider and more! - Weekly Loot Ep. 61 - July 19, 2013
- Second Decade Collector's Edition Announced For EVE Online - July 19, 2013
- Scams In MMO Games - Ingenuity Or Stupidity - April 30, 2013
- Eve Online - Exceeds 500,000 Subscribers Worldwide - February 28, 2013
- EVE Online - January 29, 2013
- DUST 514 - Playstation 3 Open Beta Begins - January 23, 2013
- DUST 514 - What Does It Mean For The Future Of Gaming? - January 23, 2013
- EVE Online - Get Ready For Retribution - December 03, 2012
- EVE Online: Retribution - Feature Site is Now Live - November 23, 2012
- EVE Online - New Eden Open Tournament - November 05, 2012
- EVE Online: Inferno launches on May 22th - May 14, 2012
- Eve Online celebrates nine year anniversary by giving players a free gift - May 01, 2012
- Additional details on CCP?s World of Darkness exposed - March 26, 2012
- CCP launches investigation after accusation was made against Eve Online FanFest panel for disrespecting a suicidal player - March 26, 2012
- EVE Online's new trailer and CCP unveils eSports in Dust 514 - March 25, 2012
- EverQuest II and APB Reloaded on Steam Store F2P - December 12, 2011
- EVE Online Monument Damaged - November 16, 2011
EVE Online Articles
EVE Online Reviews
Reviewed by: Mark McDonald