- PublisherElectronic Arts
- Free to PlayNo
- Download Size15GB
The Secret World from Funcom takes players into a different reality from their own. This MMORPG represents the world of today with a different view. As the world around players breaks down from plagues, zombies and other world ending disasters players join one of three different factions; the Dragon, the Illuminati and the Templars. These three factions have different stories, pasts and futures that molds the world around them.
The three different factions leads to a perfect system for PvP. There are three different modes that allow for different types of multiplayer experiences. If small skirmishes are what you're looking for, fight clubs offer a small scale battle ring that can be done quickly with battles being as small as 2v2 or as big as 10v10. If larger scale battles sound better, the Battlefields and War Zones may be more appropriate. The Battlefield is a capture the flag like game that gives factions special upgrades and bonuses for winning. The Warzone is a 24/7 persistent PvP that changes as the three different factions fight over facilities. No matter which place you choose there is some form of PvP for any MMORPG fan.
One of the most interesting mechanics of The Secret World is character progression. Instead of focusing on levels and locking people into a specific classes, The Secret World does something different. Using certain weapons, skills and other moves gives players proficiency which unlocks new skills. Players can change their skills and proficiencies at any time.
The Secret World sets a very dark mood in an alternate reality from our own. The gameplay mechanics matched with the real world setting provide a fiction that is fun to be a part of. There is a ton of good stories in all three factions that are worth exploring. Check out this game because it is very unique.
You need Flash player 8+ and JavasScript enabled to view this video
The Secret World News
- Christmas Eve In The MMO World - December 24, 2013
- MLG, The Secret World and Panzar! - The Daily XP July 1st - July 01, 2013
- Creepy Video Teases New Update In The Secret World - July 01, 2013
- The Secret World - Limited Time Discount - March 25, 2013
- The Secret World - January 10, 2013
- The Secret World - Buy To Play A Huge Success - January 10, 2013
- The Secret World - Not Quite Free To Play But It's Close - December 12, 2012
- The Secret World Going Free to Play? - September 17, 2012
- The Secret World Update 1.1 Released - July 31, 2012
- Funcom joining forces with LEGO to develop LEGO Minifigures MMO - June 28, 2012
- The Secret World - In its final stages of development - June 27, 2012
- The Secret World third beta weekend starts this Friday - June 12, 2012
- The Secret World has been delayed to July 3rd - May 25, 2012
- The Secret World open for pre-order - April 03, 2012
The Secret World Articles
The Secret World Reviews
Reviewed by: ryanmcbride