- DistributionOnline Download
- Free to PlayYes
- Download Size~1100MB
World of Tanks is a 3D, team-based MMO shooter where players take control of mid-20th century era fighting tanks. Gameplay in World of Tanks requires a lot of teamwork and strategy. There are over a hundred completely unique tanks to choose from and up to sixty players per battle. World of Tanks offers tactical gameplay and conflicts of epic proportions.
In World of Tanks you are put in command of your very own World War 2 era battle tank. WoT is a team-based game where two sides of up to thirty players each compete to destroy all opposing vehicles. The many combat vehicles in the game are modeled after American, German, Soviet and British designs. The game offers an in-depth gaming experience that is sure to get your blood pumping.
The tank-based shooter is developed by Wargaming.net, a Russian studio behind several other historically themed video games. World of Tanks is their first free-to-play title, and they?ve come in swinging strong. World of Tanks boasts great graphics, ease of play, and plenty of customization features. The publishers promise a historically accurate setting and action-oriented gameplay. RPG elements also make an appearance, as players will be able to upgrade their tanks with new parts and crew members. New recruits start with a light German or Soviet tank, but after accumulating experience and credits, they will be able to upgrade to heavier models. Additionally, it will be possible to upgrade individual parts such as turrets, chassis, engines, guns, radios, and ammunition types.
World of Tanks was first commissioned in 2009 and put into service in the second half of 2010. It is built upon a freemium business model where participants only have to pay for optional features. The focus is on player vs. player gameplay with each player controlling a tank or armored vehicle.
You need Flash player 8+ and JavasScript enabled to view this video
World of Tanks News
- The Rise And Fall Of Pantheon - April 14, 2014
- Tom Clancy's The Division Gets Old School Support - April 10, 2014
- Alaplaya's Dead Steampunk MMO Makes A Return - April 09, 2014
- Hearthstone on iPad, GTA Online's High Life, Kitty Cat's and more! | The Daily XP April 3rd - April 03, 2014
- Landmark Ushers In A New Era For SOE's Player Studio - April 02, 2014
- News: Wildstar PvP, Guild Wars 2 Update, Titanfall Resolution and more! | The Daily XP March 20th - March 20, 2014
- Zombies Ate My Pizza Closed Beta Announced - March 10, 2014
- Star Trek Online, Star Wars the Old Republic, TESO and more! | The Daily XP March 7th - March 07, 2014
- Harry Potter MMO, Heroes and Generals, DayZ and more! | The Daily XP March 3rd - March 03, 2014
- Pantheon Fails To Rise To The Kickstarter Challenge - February 24, 2014
- Shroud of the Avatar Release 3, TESO Blacksmith, DC2 and more! | The Daily XP February 20th - February 20, 2014
- Weekly News Review - February 14, 2014 - February 14, 2014
- Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Kickstarter Is Looking Grim - February 13, 2014
- World of Speed, Victory: The Age of Racing, Prime World and more! | The Daily XP February 10th - February 10, 2014
World of Tanks Articles
World of Tanks Reviews
Reviewed by: Kirk Wallace