Red 5 Studios has invited beta testers for their ?free to play action shooter Firefall to join them today at The Copacabana, the game's new item shop. The event marks the shop's introduction into the game along with New You, a character customization feature, as well as a new PvP map, The Rig. The event will kick off at 7:00 p.m. Pacific.
Here are some of the new things you're going to see in this update:
- Introduction of the New You terminal
- With brand new technology, you can now customize your own DNA.
- Change your hair color, skin tone, even the shape of your face at the nearest New You station.
- You can also find fun new customizations for your battleframe showing everyone that you are a unique snowflake.
- Luau Larry has set up shop in CopaCabana
- Luau Larry is known across New Eden for his fun, and sometimes useful, items.
- Where he gets them, no one knows, but everyone loves an animated Tiki Pet.
- Larry's Store will open on Friday, August 24th @ 7pm Pacific. Join Red 5 for this momentous occassion in Copacabana.
- Brand new PvP map, The Rig.
- An old Omnidyne-M mining facility has been located off the coast of New Eden.
- The fight for control of this facility begins now.
- New 5v5 TDM map with mostly interior fighting.
- Founder's Packs with special items and discounts will be available first day of PAX, August 31st. More details next week.
New Pool Of Funding For Firefall
Late last year the future of Firefall was thrown under question following the sudden departure of Red 5 Studio's CEO Mark Kern, but new information has come to light showing that Firefall's future is brighter than ever.
Ground Forces, Warhammer Online, Red 5 Studios and more! | The Weekly Loot Ep 83
The Weekly Loot is MMO Attack's Weekly MMO and MMORPG News Show hosted by Kirk! Watch for a chance to win a $20 Steam Gift Card!
Mark Kern Confirms Departure From Red 5 Studios
Last week a number of websites speculated on a leaked email from Red 5 Studios in which Vice President of Development James Macauley stated that former CEO, Mark Kern, had been removed from the staff for undisclosed reasons.
Firefall Could Be Losing CEO Mark Kern
According to a leaked email from Red 5 Studios Vice President of Development James Macauley, current CEO Mark Kern could be on the way out following a vote from the board of directors.
Planetside 2 Event, Rift: Beyond Infinity and FireFall! - The Daily XP September 17th
The Daily XP is MMO Attack's Daily MMO and MMORPG News Show. Come back every day for highlights of the days most current stories.
Red 5 Studios Layoff 10% Of Work Force
The concerns grew yesterday as the developers, Red 5 Studios, announced that they have sacked over 10% of their employees.
SMITE's Future Addressed, FireFall PvP and War Of The Immortals! - The Weekly Loot Ep 69
The Weekly Loot is MMO Attack's Weekly MMO and MMORPG News Show hosted by the overly talented Bethany!
FireFall To Remove PvP
Mark Kern, the CEO of Red 5 Studios, has made a new forum post detailing a shocking announcement for the MMOFPS game, Firefall
DDO's Shadowfell Conspiracy, Awesomenauts, World of Warplanes and more! - The Daily XP August 20th
Your Daily MMO and MMORPG News for Tuesday August 20th. Today Bethany discusses Awesomenauts, DDO, World of Warplanes and Firefall.
EQ Live Coverage, Firefall and more from Las Vegas! - The Weekly Loot Ep. 63
Your Daily MMO and MMORPG News for Friday August 2nd. Today Kirk discusses SOE Live, Firefall and more! Win a $20 Steam Gift Card on this week's episode!