Yingpei Games, has been slowly given out additional details for their upcoming third-person, Gears of War-esque shooter game, Mercenary Ops. The latest information we gathered confirms that the game will have some sort of a zombie mode, along with a survival mode and a horde mode.
Mercenary Ops will also have a full assortment of competitive modes for players in engage in as well. These include team deathmatch for up to eight players, as well as elimination and demolition modes. The modes are described in more detail below.
The real highlight of the game is that it could be a great alternative to gamers who have been yearning for a PC version of Gears of War 3. The game makes the most out of the latest iteration of the Unreal Engine 3 and even sports destructible environments, bullet-based physics as well as individual material density among others.
There is a heavy reliance on cover-based combat in Mercenary Ops, so you can practically take the same playing mechanics you used in Gears of War and apply it to Yingpei's upcoming title. Whether or not the quality will be up to that Gears of War is not very likely, but from the looks of the video below, it will still be pretty enjoyable to play.
You can check out the complete list of the multiplayer features and the rundown below. Mercenary Ops is set for release this summer, exclusively on PC. For more information be sure to pay a visit to the Official Website.
• Assault (5 players) Push forward with a team in objective-based missions to gain access to equipment and upgrades. Fight against ruthless enemies that become more challenging behind every door, drawing the player closer to the epic battle at the end of their assault.
• Survival (5 players) Battle for survival by fending off seemingly endless waves of attacking zombies and other walking dead species. Prepare for the horrors that lie ahead by repairing defenses and earning points to unlock the weapons as well as ammunition needed to survive.
• Invasion (8 Players) Take on waves of the enemy horde as they push forward in a path of destruction. Use time wisely and make shots count against deadly AI-controlled foes and mini-bosses to earn in-game currency.
• Team Deathmatch (8v8) Compete in a kill-based match-up across changing combat zones. In this fast-paced, tactical team battle, triumph over the opposition and earn a place at the top of leader board.
• Demolition (8v8) Engage in an objective-based struggle of destruction by working with a team of conspiring mercenaries to seek and destroy a targeted bomb site. Defend against the opposing force by finding and defusing their bomb, or eliminate the threat altogether to claim victory.
• Elimination (8v8) Take up arms against another team of opposing mercenaries in a tactical bout to determine the victor. When the only thing that matters is obliterating the enemy, even the smallest mistake can be grounds for defeat in this high stakes, elimination-based competition.
The Ideal MMO - The Perfect Wrestling MMO
Blaine takes a look at another area of the MMO world that has received next to no attention over the years, the concept of online wrestling MMORPG games.
The Ideal MMO - A True Wild West MMORPG
The Wild West has long been an obsessions of the modern day era. The lawlessness, the battles of pride and honor and in true heroic fashion, the damsel in distress. However, we've yet to see an MMO that has been able to capture all of these elements.
Tamer Saga - Huge Improvements To Pet System On The Way
Exciting news for Tamer Saga players, Yeepgame have just announced the opening of 2 new servers planned for January as well as the contents in the highly anticipated pet system update.
Critical Hit - MMO Sports Games
In today's MMO industry we have access to almost as many genres as our console counterparts but there's an undeniable difference in quality, especially in regards to sports titles.
Power Rangers Online - Open Beta In Full Swing
Nope, it's not a misprint. Power Rangers Online is a real MMO game and the open beta has just begun in Korea, expecting to run through until January 3rd.
The War Z - Legal Issues Continue To Hound Zombie MMO
Since its "Foundation Release" before Christmas the upcoming zombie MMO game, The War Z, hasn't managed to go a day without being hounded for yet more negative reasons, and today isn't any different.
Final Fantasy XI - Seekers Of Adoulin Release Date Revealed
Square Enix have just announced the official release date for the highly anticipated Final Fantasy XI expansion, Seekers of Adoulin
The War Z - Developer Harasses Streamer For Hacker Names
The War Z continues to struggle with public relations after a developer was caught "harassing" a popular streamer over the names of possible hackers inside his clan.
Looking Forward - MMO's Coming 2013 Part 4
What would your perfect MMO be for 2013? We've shown you the rest, can you come up with the best?
Looking Forward - MMO's Coming 2013 Part 3
Check out part 3 of the hottest MMO titles to be hitting the scene in 2013. Whether you're an FPS fan, a zombie follower or an MMORPG veteran, there's something for everyone in next years releases.