Blizzard announced today that their fourth expansion for the most successful subscription-based MMORPG of all time, World of Warcraft, will be available in-stores and online beginning September 25th, 2012.
The players will be able to step foot on the shores of the long lost continent of Pandaria and journey through the mysterious lands to uncover ancient secrecies.
The game will be available on DVD-ROM for Windows? XP/Windows Vista?/Windows? 7 and Macintosh? at the suggested retail price of $49.99 or you can get the game digitally as well from the World of Warcraft website, which is also the same price.
There will be a special Collector?s Edition packed with bonus items and will be in retail stores only for the price of $79.99. Players also have an option to purchase a special Deluxe Edition of the expansion containing the in-game bonus from the Collector?s Edition.
The Collector?s Edition of Mists of Pandaria includes the full version of the game on DVD-ROM and contains the following exclusive bonus items, in addition to the in-game content from the Digital Deluxe version:
- Behind-the-Scenes DVD and Blu-Ray: Learn about the creation of Pandaria with this two-disc set featuring over an hour of commentary, insider interviews, and developer roundtables.
- Collector?s Edition Soundtrack CD: Experience 20 orchestral pieces from Mists of Pandaria.
- The Art of Mists of Pandaria Book: Explore this 208-page hardcover tome featuring never-before-seen pieces from the expansion, from early concepts to final 3D renderings.
- Chen Stormstout Mouse Pad: Equip your desk with this special-edition mouse pad featuring the legendary pandaren brewmaster.
The Digital Deluxe version of Mists of Pandaria includes a full digital copy of the expansion along with the following exclusive in-game bonus items:
- World of Warcraft In-Game Mount: Take to the skies of Azeroth astride the mystical Imperial Quilen flying mount.
- World of Warcraft In-Game Pet: Journey across Pandaria with the Lucky Quilen Cub at your side.
- StarCraft? II Battle.net? Portraits: Bring the Horde and Alliance rivalry to the far reaches of the Koprulu sector with exclusive Infested Orc and Night Elf Templar Battle.net portraits.
- Diablo? III Banner Sigil and Accent: Display your status as a hero of Pandaria with the iconic markings of World of Warcraft?s newest playable race, the pandaren.
Mists of Pandaria enables players to play a new race (the Pandaren) which has its own quests and starting zone, there is a new character class (the Monk), a new continent for players to explore and adventure while working their way up to a new cap of Level 90. The expansion also includes a host of new gameplay elements designed to give players even more ways to enjoy the game, including scenarios - a flexible new kind of cooperative PvE trial; challenge modes, which offer high-prestige rewards for mastering Mists of Pandaria?s 5-player dungeons; and an all-new pet battle system.
The expansion is available for pre-order at www.WorldofWarcraft.com.
Heroes of the Storm’s Dragon Shire, Curse of Icewind Dale and more! | The Daily XP March 4th
Your Daily MMO and MMORPG News for Tuesday, March 4th. Today Nicole discusses Neverwinter, Heroes of the Storm and Guild Wars 2.
New Heroes Of The Storm Game Play Video
MOBA fans around the world have been treated to the second game play video of the Dragon Shire map in the upcoming Blizzard MOBA Heroes of the Storm.
League of Angels, NCSoft Heroes of the Storm Alpha and more! | The Daily XP February 14th
Your Daily MMO and MMORPG News for Friday February 14th. Today Ayodele discusses League of Angels, NCSoft and Heroes of the Storm.
Heroes Of The Storm Alpha Client Leaked
The highly ancticipated upcoming MOBA game from Blizzard, Heroes of the Storm, has appeared a little earlier than intended following a leak of the official Alpha client
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft is a collectible card game currently under development by Blizzard Entertainment.
Hearthstone Open Beta, Superman in Infinite Crisis and more! | The Daily XP January 22nd
Your Daily MMO and MMORPG News for Wednesday January 22nd. Today Bethany discusses Infinite Crisis, Hearthstone's Open Beta and Age of Wushu.
Hearthstone US Open Beta Begins
Hearthstone was one of the most highly sought after closed beta events of our time, making skilled eBay'ers a whopping $134,000, but that has come to an end with the official release of the open beta in the US.
Dragon's Prophet, Hearthstone Re-Balancing, SWTOR and more! | The Daily XP January 17th
Your Daily MMO and MMORPG News for Friday January 17th. Today Ayodele discusses Hearthstone, Star Wars the Old Republic and Dragon's Prophet.
Hearthstone - Card Balancing Explained
Following the latest update for Blizzard's massively popular MMOTCG Hearthstone Lead Designer, Eric Dodds, took to the official website to explain how Blizzard are tackling card balancing.
Hearthstone Season 2 Begins
Award winning developers Blizzard today announced the beginning of Season 2 for the highly anticipated online collectible card game, Hearthstone