Blizzard announced today that their fourth expansion for the most successful subscription-based MMORPG of all time, World of Warcraft, will be available in-stores and online beginning September 25th, 2012.
The players will be able to step foot on the shores of the long lost continent of Pandaria and journey through the mysterious lands to uncover ancient secrecies.
The game will be available on DVD-ROM for Windows? XP/Windows Vista?/Windows? 7 and Macintosh? at the suggested retail price of $49.99 or you can get the game digitally as well from the World of Warcraft website, which is also the same price.
There will be a special Collector?s Edition packed with bonus items and will be in retail stores only for the price of $79.99. Players also have an option to purchase a special Deluxe Edition of the expansion containing the in-game bonus from the Collector?s Edition.
The Collector?s Edition of Mists of Pandaria includes the full version of the game on DVD-ROM and contains the following exclusive bonus items, in addition to the in-game content from the Digital Deluxe version:
- Behind-the-Scenes DVD and Blu-Ray: Learn about the creation of Pandaria with this two-disc set featuring over an hour of commentary, insider interviews, and developer roundtables.
- Collector?s Edition Soundtrack CD: Experience 20 orchestral pieces from Mists of Pandaria.
- The Art of Mists of Pandaria Book: Explore this 208-page hardcover tome featuring never-before-seen pieces from the expansion, from early concepts to final 3D renderings.
- Chen Stormstout Mouse Pad: Equip your desk with this special-edition mouse pad featuring the legendary pandaren brewmaster.
The Digital Deluxe version of Mists of Pandaria includes a full digital copy of the expansion along with the following exclusive in-game bonus items:
- World of Warcraft In-Game Mount: Take to the skies of Azeroth astride the mystical Imperial Quilen flying mount.
- World of Warcraft In-Game Pet: Journey across Pandaria with the Lucky Quilen Cub at your side.
- StarCraft? II Battle.net? Portraits: Bring the Horde and Alliance rivalry to the far reaches of the Koprulu sector with exclusive Infested Orc and Night Elf Templar Battle.net portraits.
- Diablo? III Banner Sigil and Accent: Display your status as a hero of Pandaria with the iconic markings of World of Warcraft?s newest playable race, the pandaren.
Mists of Pandaria enables players to play a new race (the Pandaren) which has its own quests and starting zone, there is a new character class (the Monk), a new continent for players to explore and adventure while working their way up to a new cap of Level 90. The expansion also includes a host of new gameplay elements designed to give players even more ways to enjoy the game, including scenarios - a flexible new kind of cooperative PvE trial; challenge modes, which offer high-prestige rewards for mastering Mists of Pandaria?s 5-player dungeons; and an all-new pet battle system.
The expansion is available for pre-order at www.WorldofWarcraft.com.
Eight of The Most Memorable MMO Dungeons Ever Designed
Dungeons are a staple of the MMO genre; large-scale challenges requiring co-operation and co-ordination between anywhere from five to a few hundred players to adequately complete. Of course, not all are created equal, and some stand head and shoulders above their peers. Today, I'd like to tip my hat to those few legends, those instances that'll stick with us for years to come as shining examples of how to do dungeons right.
Ten Of The Best MMORPG Songs Ever Heard
In many ways, an MMO is only as good as its music. Many of the best and most memorable moments in an MMO invariably have a song associated with them; a piece of music which brings the memories flooding back the moment it reaches one's ears. Today, I'd like to pay homage to some of those songs - and some of those moments. Here, for your listening pleasure (and in no particular order, I assure you) is a list of some of the best songs ever heard in an MMO.
Curse Of Naxxramas: A Hearthstone Adventure
We saw some huge announcements at this years PAX East but few bigger than the information revealed for the first Adventure Mode in Hearthstone, the Curse of Naxxramas.
Hearthstone's Curse of Naxxramas, Ghost Recon Phantoms and more! | The Daily XP April 11th
Your Daily MMO and MMORPG News for Friday, April 11th. Today Ayodele discusses Ghost Recon Phantoms, Hearthstone and Electronic Arts.
The Crew Launch Date, NevenTale on Kickstarter and more! | The Daily XP April 8th
Your Daily MMO and MMORPG News for Tuesday April 8th. Today Nicole discusses Heroes of the Storm, Turtle Beach, The Crew and NevenTale.
Heroes Of The Storm Headsets Incoming
Earlier today Blizzard and Turtle Beach, leaders in branded audio in the video-games industry, announced a multi-year licensing agreement to develop PC peripherals for the upcoming MOBA, Heroes of the Storm.
Hearthstone on iPad, GTA Online's High Life, Kitty Cat's and more! | The Daily XP April 3rd
Your Daily MMO and MMORPG News for Thursday April 3rd. Today Ashley discusses GTA Online, Hearthstone and SMITE.
Hearthstone Mobile Deployment Begins
Blizzard have announced that the critically acclaimed MMOTCG Hearthstone has begun its deployment on mobile platforms, specifically on iOS devices.
Diablo 3 CD Key Giveaway
MMO Attack and AllKeyShop have teamed up to offer our fans a chance to win a a CD Key for Diablo 3.
Notch Rips Facebook, Titanfall, Heroes of the Storm and more! | The Daily XP March 26th
Your Daily MMO and MMORPG News for Wednesday March 26th. Today Bethany discusses Facebook and Oculus VR, Heroes of the Storm and Titanfall.