Blizzard announced today that their fourth expansion for the most successful subscription-based MMORPG of all time, World of Warcraft, will be available in-stores and online beginning September 25th, 2012.
The players will be able to step foot on the shores of the long lost continent of Pandaria and journey through the mysterious lands to uncover ancient secrecies.
The game will be available on DVD-ROM for Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 and Macintosh® at the suggested retail price of $49.99 or you can get the game digitally as well from the World of Warcraft website, which is also the same price.
There will be a special Collector’s Edition packed with bonus items and will be in retail stores only for the price of $79.99. Players also have an option to purchase a special Deluxe Edition of the expansion containing the in-game bonus from the Collector’s Edition.
The Collector’s Edition of Mists of Pandaria includes the full version of the game on DVD-ROM and contains the following exclusive bonus items, in addition to the in-game content from the Digital Deluxe version:
- Behind-the-Scenes DVD and Blu-Ray: Learn about the creation of Pandaria with this two-disc set featuring over an hour of commentary, insider interviews, and developer roundtables.
- Collector’s Edition Soundtrack CD: Experience 20 orchestral pieces from Mists of Pandaria.
- The Art of Mists of Pandaria Book: Explore this 208-page hardcover tome featuring never-before-seen pieces from the expansion, from early concepts to final 3D renderings.
- Chen Stormstout Mouse Pad: Equip your desk with this special-edition mouse pad featuring the legendary pandaren brewmaster.
The Digital Deluxe version of Mists of Pandaria includes a full digital copy of the expansion along with the following exclusive in-game bonus items:
- World of Warcraft In-Game Mount: Take to the skies of Azeroth astride the mystical Imperial Quilen flying mount.
- World of Warcraft In-Game Pet: Journey across Pandaria with the Lucky Quilen Cub at your side.
- StarCraft® II Battle.net® Portraits: Bring the Horde and Alliance rivalry to the far reaches of the Koprulu sector with exclusive Infested Orc and Night Elf Templar Battle.net portraits.
- Diablo® III Banner Sigil and Accent: Display your status as a hero of Pandaria with the iconic markings of World of Warcraft’s newest playable race, the pandaren.
Mists of Pandaria enables players to play a new race (the Pandaren) which has its own quests and starting zone, there is a new character class (the Monk), a new continent for players to explore and adventure while working their way up to a new cap of Level 90. The expansion also includes a host of new gameplay elements designed to give players even more ways to enjoy the game, including scenarios - a flexible new kind of cooperative PvE trial; challenge modes, which offer high-prestige rewards for mastering Mists of Pandaria’s 5-player dungeons; and an all-new pet battle system.
The expansion is available for pre-order at www.WorldofWarcraft.com.
Marvel Heroes 2.0, Warlords of Draenor, Warframe and more! | The Daily XP November 11th
Your Daily MMO and MMORPG News for Monday October 11th. Today Nicole discusses Marvel Heroes, Warframe and Warlords of Draenal.
Warlords Of Draenor Announced At Blizzcon
The dust has settled, the doors have closed, but the hype from Blizzcon continues to grow following the Warlords of Draenor reveal, the fifth expansion for World of Warcraft.
Blizzard Not Considering WoW Free-To-Play
World of Warcraft has been on a slow decline for some time and after talks earlier this month revealed a 100,000 drop in subscribers, many were expecting a free-to-play announcement at this years Blizzcon.
DCUO On Next Gen, Blizzard Wins Suit, Merc Elite and more! | The Daily XP October 22nd
Your Daily MMO and MMORPG News for Tuesday October 22nd. Today Mark discusses DC Universe Online, Blizzard and Bigpoint's Merc Elite.
Blizzard Win Lawsuit Against World Of Warcraft Botters
Today marks a monumental event in MMO gaming history as Blizzard emerge victorious in a lawsuit against a World of Warcraft bot company.
Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Preview
With Blizzard at the helm Hearthstone has the advantage of the experience and services associated with the king of MMO developers , but how do the features stack up?
Blizzard All-Stars Makes A Return
It has been some time since we heard anything new about Blizzard's upcoming MOBA but today that all changed with the release of a brand new video for Blizzard All-Stars.
Heroes of the Storm, DCUO, The Elder Scrolls Online and more! | The Daily XP October 17th
Your Daily MMO and MMORPG News for Thursday October 17th. Today Mark discusses Heroes of the Storm, The Elder Scrolls Online, Infinite Crisis and DCUO.
League of Legends Supremacy, Hearthstone, Atomic Green Lantern and more! | The Daily XP October 15th
Your Daily MMO and MMORPG News for Tuesday October 15th. Today Mark discusses Hearthstone, League of Legends Supremacy and Infinite Crisis.
New Champion Spotlight For Rexxar, The Hunter
Blizzard today released a brand new Champion spotlight article for Rexxar, the Hunter. This deadly Champion controls the battlefield with an exciting variety of traps and bestial wrath, making him one of the most versatile Champion's so far.