HiRezBart streamed a preview of this weeks patch notes on the official SMITE stream yesterday and there's some exciting stuff in the works. The developers have responded to a common request from the player base, the ability to purchase additional features using favor, the in-game currency. Complimenting the new leveling method introduced in the last patch is the debut of the rumored golden skins. The first skin to be introduced sees Zeus get a new makeover alongside several ability changes.
The new gold skins will be available at level 1 God Rank, despite many suggesting it should be a maximum level reward. More skins will be introduced over time whilst players continue to speculate over later rewards.
A preview of the full patch notes can be found below but these are subject to change before release.
- Jungle King Anhur
- Golden Zeus: This special skin is only available if you are at least God Rank 1 with Zeus. The skin includes a gold frame displaying your God Rank and Stats.
- The damage that minions do to structures has been reduced by ~20%.
- If you lose a match, you now earn ¼ the amount of worshippers as you would have earned if you had won the match.
- Damage against towers from basic attacks that deal magical damage has been adjusted to be more effective. This currently only affects Isis and Zeus.
- An issue has been fixed in which some abilities were charging double mana costs.
- Magical inhand attacks can no longer crit.
- Girdle of Might - This item no longer stacks with itself.
- Isis’ basic attack has had its base damage increased from 30 to 35.
- Wing Gust
- Cooldown reduced from 12 to 10s.
- Ne Zha
- Armillary Sash
- The physical power contribution of this ability has been reduced from 150% to 100%.
- His basic attacks now deal 35 (+25% of your magical power) magical damage.
- Zeus no longer starts with physical power or gains physical power per level.
- Basic attacks against targets with charges deal 30% increased damage per charge.
- The cooldown on this ability has been reduced from 10s to 8s.
- The number of arcs on this ability has been changed from 1/2/3/4/5 to 4 at all ranks.
- The base damage has been changed from 70/100/130/160/190 to 45/85/125/165/205.
- The magical power contribution has been reduced from 50% to 40%.
- The damage scaling based on the number of charges has been reduced from 1/2.5/4 to 1/2/3.
- When this ability is used on an enemy that has 3 charges, they are also stunned for 1s.
- The magical power contribution has been reduced from 70% to 50%.
Yasuo the Unforgiven, World of Darkness, SMITE and more! | The Daily XP December 12th
Your Daily MMO and MMORPG News for Thursday December 12th. Today Mark discusses League of Legends, SMITE and World of Darkness.
World Of Darkness Suffers With Staff Layoffs
CCP Games merged with popular pen and paper developers, White Wolf, to develop World of Darkness but it seems the project has suffered a painful blow following a recent announcement from the developers.
New Look Kali Released For SMITE
The second of a double dose of MOBA character updates lands today as Hi-Rez Studios announce the release of the reworked Goddess of Destruction, Kali.
The Unforgiven Swordsman Debuts In League Of Legends
Riot Games today revealed the latest Champion to join the constantly expanding roster in League of Legends with the debut of Yasou the Unforgiven, a disgraced master swordsman with something to prove.
The Elder Scrolls Online Release Date, Lineage II: Valiance and more! | The Daily XP December 11th
Your Daily MMO and MMORPG News for Wednesday December 11th. Today Kirk discusses The Elder Scrolls Online, Final Fantasy XI and Lineage II: Valiance.
Lineage II: Valiance Released
NCSoft and Lineage II announces the release of Lineage II: Valiance, the new, free content expansion for the Lineage II franchise.
The Elder Scrolls Online Release Dates Revealed
Zenimax Online Studios today announced the official release dates for the PC and Mac versions of The Elder Scrolls Online with console release windows also provided.
PvP Details On The Horizon For Elder Scrolls Fans
Zenimax Online Studios recently updated the official Facebook Timeline Photo with an image suggesting players can expect to hear more information on PvP and Alliance battles in coming weeks.
Return To Final Fantasy XI For Free
While Square Enix continue to enjoy the success of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, they're not yet ready to give up on fans of the award-winning Final Fantasy XI.
Entropy Early Access, Inferno Legends, GTA Online and more! | The Daily XP December 10th
Your Daily MMO and MMORPG News for Tuesday December 10th. Today Kelsey discusses GTA Online, Inferno Legends and Entropy.