HiRezBart streamed a preview of this weeks patch notes on the official SMITE stream yesterday and there's some exciting stuff in the works. The developers have responded to a common request from the player base, the ability to purchase additional features using favor, the in-game currency. Complimenting the new leveling method introduced in the last patch is the debut of the rumored golden skins. The first skin to be introduced sees Zeus get a new makeover alongside several ability changes.
The new gold skins will be available at level 1 God Rank, despite many suggesting it should be a maximum level reward. More skins will be introduced over time whilst players continue to speculate over later rewards.
A preview of the full patch notes can be found below but these are subject to change before release.
- Jungle King Anhur
- Golden Zeus: This special skin is only available if you are at least God Rank 1 with Zeus. The skin includes a gold frame displaying your God Rank and Stats.
- The damage that minions do to structures has been reduced by ~20%.
- If you lose a match, you now earn ? the amount of worshippers as you would have earned if you had won the match.
- Damage against towers from basic attacks that deal magical damage has been adjusted to be more effective. This currently only affects Isis and Zeus.
- An issue has been fixed in which some abilities were charging double mana costs.
- Magical inhand attacks can no longer crit.
- Girdle of Might - This item no longer stacks with itself.
- Isis? basic attack has had its base damage increased from 30 to 35.
- Wing Gust
- Cooldown reduced from 12 to 10s.
- Ne Zha
- Armillary Sash
- The physical power contribution of this ability has been reduced from 150% to 100%.
- His basic attacks now deal 35 (+25% of your magical power) magical damage.
- Zeus no longer starts with physical power or gains physical power per level.
- Basic attacks against targets with charges deal 30% increased damage per charge.
- The cooldown on this ability has been reduced from 10s to 8s.
- The number of arcs on this ability has been changed from 1/2/3/4/5 to 4 at all ranks.
- The base damage has been changed from 70/100/130/160/190 to 45/85/125/165/205.
- The magical power contribution has been reduced from 50% to 40%.
- The damage scaling based on the number of charges has been reduced from 1/2.5/4 to 1/2/3.
- When this ability is used on an enemy that has 3 charges, they are also stunned for 1s.
- The magical power contribution has been reduced from 70% to 50%.
CCP Games Report $21M Losses For Fiscal 2013
The developers of the massively popular EVE Online and struggling Dust 514, CCP Games, announced a $21M loss for the Fiscal year 2013 despite a huge surge in revenue.
Ubisoft Announce Exciting Easter Events For Anno & Settlers
Earlier today Ubisoft and Blue Byte revealed some exciting Easter themed events heading to the two increasingly popular free MMORTS games, Settlers & Anno Online.
Blue Beetle Revealed For Infinite Crisis
Warner Bros. Entertainment and Turbine today released a new video detailing the next upcoming Infinite Crisis Champion, the Blue Beetle.
World of Darkness Canceled, Pantheon: Fall of the Fallen and more! | The Daily XP April 14th
Your Daily MMO and MMORPG News for Monday April 14th. Today Kirk discusses World of Darkness, Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen and SMITE.
The Rise And Fall Of Pantheon
Its been 8 months since Brad McQuaid first teased details about a new MMO title but things aren't looking great for Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen.
Curse Of Naxxramas: A Hearthstone Adventure
We saw some huge announcements at this years PAX East but few bigger than the information revealed for the first Adventure Mode in Hearthstone, the Curse of Naxxramas.
The Sleeping Giant Debuts In SMITE
Hi-Rez Studios today released an exciting new God reveal trailer for the upcoming release of Kumbhakarna, The Sleeping Giant.
Hearthstone's Curse of Naxxramas, Ghost Recon Phantoms and more! | The Daily XP April 11th
Your Daily MMO and MMORPG News for Friday, April 11th. Today Ayodele discusses Ghost Recon Phantoms, Hearthstone and Electronic Arts.
World Of Tanks Celebrating 3 Years In Style
Wargaming.net today revealed an exciting list of events to celebrate the 3rd anniversary of the explosive multiplayer combat MMO, World of Tanks.
Ghost Recon Phantoms Explodes Onto Steam
The wait is finally over! Today, Ubisoft announced that the highly anticipated rebranding of Ghost Recon Online is now available on Windows PC and Steam.