HiRezBart streamed a preview of this weeks patch notes on the official SMITE stream yesterday and there's some exciting stuff in the works. The developers have responded to a common request from the player base, the ability to purchase additional features using favor, the in-game currency. Complimenting the new leveling method introduced in the last patch is the debut of the rumored golden skins. The first skin to be introduced sees Zeus get a new makeover alongside several ability changes.
The new gold skins will be available at level 1 God Rank, despite many suggesting it should be a maximum level reward. More skins will be introduced over time whilst players continue to speculate over later rewards.
A preview of the full patch notes can be found below but these are subject to change before release.
- Jungle King Anhur
- Golden Zeus: This special skin is only available if you are at least God Rank 1 with Zeus. The skin includes a gold frame displaying your God Rank and Stats.
- The damage that minions do to structures has been reduced by ~20%.
- If you lose a match, you now earn ? the amount of worshippers as you would have earned if you had won the match.
- Damage against towers from basic attacks that deal magical damage has been adjusted to be more effective. This currently only affects Isis and Zeus.
- An issue has been fixed in which some abilities were charging double mana costs.
- Magical inhand attacks can no longer crit.
- Girdle of Might - This item no longer stacks with itself.
- Isis? basic attack has had its base damage increased from 30 to 35.
- Wing Gust
- Cooldown reduced from 12 to 10s.
- Ne Zha
- Armillary Sash
- The physical power contribution of this ability has been reduced from 150% to 100%.
- His basic attacks now deal 35 (+25% of your magical power) magical damage.
- Zeus no longer starts with physical power or gains physical power per level.
- Basic attacks against targets with charges deal 30% increased damage per charge.
- The cooldown on this ability has been reduced from 10s to 8s.
- The number of arcs on this ability has been changed from 1/2/3/4/5 to 4 at all ranks.
- The base damage has been changed from 70/100/130/160/190 to 45/85/125/165/205.
- The magical power contribution has been reduced from 50% to 40%.
- The damage scaling based on the number of charges has been reduced from 1/2.5/4 to 1/2/3.
- When this ability is used on an enemy that has 3 charges, they are also stunned for 1s.
- The magical power contribution has been reduced from 70% to 50%.
Shards, a Sandbox RPG, Wildstar Release Date? and more! | The Daily XP March 11th
Your Daily MMO and MMORPG News for Tuesday, March 11th. Today Nicole discusses The Elder Scrolls Online, WildStar and Shards.
Elder Scrolls Online Final Beta Weekend Confirmed
Just before the weekend a leaked article on IGN provided information on the next potential beta weekend for The Elder Scrolls Online and today the information has been confirmed as true
Elite Squad Of Developers Band Together To Create New MMO
Have you grown tired of the way MMO developers of today are far more interested in creating new ways to earn money when they should instead be focused on delivering a better playing experience?
World of Magic, Zombies Ate My Pizza, HearthStone and more! | The Daily XP March 10th
Your Daily MMO and MMORPG News for Monday March 10th. Today Kirk discusses World of Magic, HearthStone and Zombies Ate My Pizza.
Hearthstone Golden Heroes On The Way
Over the weekend Blizzard released some teaser images for the upcoming debut of golden heroes in the highly anticipated MMOCCG, Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft.
Harry Potter Online Website Discovers Invisibility Cloak
Last week Bio Hazard Entertainment and its limited license agreement with Warner Bros. Entertainment brought to light the potential for a Harry Potter MMO game - but things changed pretty quickly.
Zombies Ate My Pizza Closed Beta Announced
Reality Squared Games today announced the beginning of the closed beta testing event for the upcoming isometric browser MMO, Zombies Ate My Pizza.
Star Trek Online, Star Wars the Old Republic, TESO and more! | The Daily XP March 7th
Your Daily MMO and MMORPG News for Friday March 7th. Today Kirk discusses Star Wars the Old Republic, Star Trek Online and The Elder Scrolls Online.
Cryptic Go Crazy For Star Trek Online XP Weekend
Still struggling to make that Captain's Chair your own? Cryptic Studios today announced a huge experience points boost event for the award-winning free-to-play MMO, Star Trek Online.
IGN Leak Hints At ESO Beta Next Weekend
With less than a month until the official launch of The Elder Scrolls Online some may say you were being hopeful if you were expecting another beta event but if a recent IGN leak is to be believed, you could be right.