WoW introduces summer challenges
Want a reason to stay in this summer? Well, you have the risk of getting sunburned, but that's not a valid enough excuse with all today's sunscreen protectors. World of Warcraft has given a better reason for people to stay inside for the upcoming summer season! During the summer, WoW is going to be handing out a new community challenge every week until the end of the summer.
What WoW wants players to do is form little groups with friends "to explore a part of Azeroth that you may not have seen in a while, or perform a feat that you may have never done". Blizzard will also be playing along with everyone while everyone grabs the rare achievements, get screenshots of the bosses and discover new and rare gear for the transmogrification sets.
The challenges have started today and this week’s first challenge is called “Karazhan”.
Medivh, the Last Guardian, made his home in Deadwind Pass, in the bright tower of Karazhan. Though he was the greatest wizard of his day (and humanity's intended custodian), Medivh was secretly possessed by the dark spirit of Sargeras, the Destroyer of Worlds. Through Medivh, Sargeras opened the Dark Portal and allowed the orcs to wage war upon the kingdoms of Azeroth.
This challenge was originally opened for raids of 10 players at level 70. The city of Karazhan is packed with a dozen bosses, many of which come with unique events ultimately ending with Prince Malchezaar.
Here is a list of the many notable achievements that players can receive:
- Karazhan -- Defeat Prince Malchezaar
- Karazhan Guild Run -- Defeat Prince Malchezaar while in a guild group of at least 8 people
- Outland Raider -- Complete this and the other seven Burning Crusade raids.
- Fiery Warhorse's Reins (feat of strength) -- Obtain this mount from Attumen the Huntsman
Here is some of the anticipated gear that players may find that they want:
- Arcanist Regalia
- Bold Armor
- Beast Lord Mail
- Bloodfang Armor
- Righteous Armor
- Aldor Regalia
- Big Bad Wolf's Paw
- King's Defender
- Sunfury Bow of the Phoenix
- Steelhawk Crossbow
Here is a list of other “odds and ends” that you will find in this challenge:
- Some bosses in this dungeon drop rare Enchanting Formulas: Enchant Weapon - Mongoose (Moroes), Enchant Weapon - Sunfire (Shade of Aran), and Enchant Weapon - Soulfrost (Terestian Illhoof).
- The rare Engineering Schematic - Stabilized Eternium Scope has a chance to drop when you kill Attumen the Huntsman here.
- Players seeking The Violet Eye reputation will want to kill everything in the zone, and complete the epic questline that starts with Arcane Disturbances or Restless Activity